Saturday, April 9, 2011

Bethany Hamilton Opens Up About Her "Best Life"

With a new movie based on her so-far amazing life having just been released, Bethany Hamilton is featured in the May 2011 issue of O, The Oprah Magazine.

On newsstands Tuesday, April 12th, the 21-year-old pro surfer - who is still cruising the waves eight years after losing her arm to a shark - opened up to O about her ?best life.?

Highlights from the "Soul Surfer" stuntwoman's chat with O are as follows:

Best BEACH

?Polihale, near my house in Kauai, Hawaii. It?s miles of white sand with lots of shells, blue ocean, and no buildings whatsoever. Sometimes I stay to watch the sunset and camp under the stars.?

Best WARDROBE STAPLE

?A casual beach dress?loose, comfortable, and cute. I?ll wear one over a swimsuit, and I?m pretty much always in a swimsuit.?

Best SURPRISE

?My mom gave my brothers and me a Shar-Pei three years ago?a wrinkly, rascally dog named Hana. I bring her to the beach and she relaxes while I surf. I tried to get her on the board with me a few times, but she wasn?t into it.?

Best WAY TO COMBAT NERVES

?Before a competition, I stretch while listening to calming music like ?Over the Rainbow? by Bruddah Iz [the late Hawaiian singer Israel Kamakawiwo?ole]. And I?ll walk down the beach, away from the crowd, to have a moment of quiet and focus on what the ocean is doing.?

Best THRILL

?Barrel riding, when your whole body is inside the wave and you?re surrounded by clear blue water on all sides. When the wave first curls over your head, it?s an amazing adrenaline rush. Not many people get to experience that.?

Best EXPERIMENT

?I like to create healthy dessert concoctions. One of my favorites is a mix of avocado, chocolate, banana, mint, and honey. You put it in a food processor, and it tastes like a rich, chocolaty pudding.?

Source: http://celebrity-gossip.net/bethany-hamilton/bethany-hamilton-opens-about-her-best-life-495787

Dominique Swain Donna Feldman Drea de Matteo Drew Barrymore

No comments:

Post a Comment