Monday, April 4, 2011

Lily Collins Is 'Snow White' to Julia Roberts' Evil Queen

Lily Collins Is 'Snow White' to Julia Roberts' Evil Queen

Lily Collins is the fairest one of all! According to a statement from Relativity Media, the 22-year-old actress has been cast as the Snow White to Julia Roberts' Evil Queen in director Tarsem Singh's 3-D fairy tale The Brothers Grimm: Snow White.

 

"Snow White was my favorite fairy tale (growing up), and when I first read about the project, I was like, 'I have to get in on this,'" Collins tells People. "It's such an iconic character." 

Collins will be in good company on the film. In addition to Oscar-winner Roberts playing the part of the jealous Evil Queen, The Social Network star Armie Hammer has already been slated in the role of Snow White's dashing prince, Andrew Alcott. Still, Collins is already an old pro at costarring with Academy-Award winning leading ladies -- she played Sandra Bullock's daughter in The Blind Side. Plus, Collins gets a hefty helping of star power at home: She's the daughter of music legend Phil Collins, otherwise known as "just a proud dad."

The ingénue, who just wrapped the thriller Abduction with rumored boyfriend Taylor Lautner, says she's "so excited" to join the film.

"I'm going to keep the private life private," she tells People of her love life. "I'm in this for the craft; I'm in it for the passion."

Indeed, Singh says Collins is a natural when it comes to acting. "When I first saw her (for Snow White), I think she was trying for the part. But when I saw her, I just said, 'She doesn't even have to try at all.'"

Snow White goes into production this May and is slated to hit theaters June 29, 2012.

 

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/lily-collins-snow-white-julia-roberts-evil-queen-0/1-a-337600

Paula Garcés Paulina Rubio Paz Vega Penélope Cruz

No comments:

Post a Comment